How Physiotherapy Can Help Arthritis
As a result of damage to your cartilage (a thin layer of gel-like substance surrounding your joints which allows congruence and reduces friction) from wear and tear, arthritis can occur.
Arthritis can limit your activities and daily life. However, physiotherapy can help reduce your pain and and manage some of your symptoms
Some of the signs and symptoms of arthritis include:
- tenderness in the joint
- redness or heat in the joint
- being unable to move the joint through its full range of motion
- stiffness of joint in the morning
Physiotherapy can help because…
- you can improve your flexibility, strength and balance with an individualised exercise program
- you can be shown how to support your joints or to relieve stress on your joints
- heat/cold therapy may help reduce your pain and other symptoms
- you can learn more about arthritis and know how to manage it with all the help you need
Our physiotherapists can assist with an accurate diagnosis of your condition and help manage your condition.
Contact us on via phone on 1800 800 118 or email us to [email protected] to book an appointment with one of our physiotherapists today!
Imagine a life free from aches and pain!
Arthritis.org. (2017). Physical Therapy for Arthritis. [online] Available at: http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/other-therapies/what-is-physical-therapy.php [Accessed 16 Dec. 2017].